Sunday, April 22, 2012

Don't Analyze, Save Your Brain Cells

I love this city actually. But I don't really like to get into it too much. This is just one stop over another. Because if I have to use my brain too much thinking about how unregulated the city is, I will be in total disappointment. Everywhere you walk, you see things that can make you sick. And it's just what I am able to see, in my perspective, in my limited view. What more that I am not able to say, that is out of my view? Worse for sure, just read the newspaper and no need a genius to conclude.

Today, I got on to the public transport, sort of minivan (mikrolet), and found a long line of traffic jam in a conjunction near to the mosque in J-pdg. It was an unnecessary long line apparently, because that's happened simply because there were 3 pak ogah trying to "regulate" the motorists at the conjunction. There's traffic lights there for sure, but they took the initiative like there's no law at all. And people let them, because I was sure they were too tired to fight or protest. At about the same time there was a junkie jumped into the minivan and started his semi-threaten sentence that's typical to this kind: "I used to be a criminal, but I want to be a good person, so you'd better help by by giving me some money".. Oh gosh, I've seen this a lot in the bus. I have a personal policy on that: get off the vehicle the minute that kind of guy get in. So I jumped off. And then I found that out of sense congested road.

On my way back, I thought of the resemblance of this city (the capital of this nation state, which reflect the state herself) and an unlawful country, wild wild West, like in the cowboy movies. A jungle. Where there's no rule, where the most dare person wins. Where the most risk taker wins. Where the strongest wins. Where the weak, those who don't have much bargaining power lose. The winner takes it all, as ABBA says. Fragile state I must say, though the scholars may not agree because the phrase refers to something else. But I'd insist to use it. Or should I say weak state? Stateless?

My brain cells protested. I should not use them to think about these things. Period.


Pic from: swaberita.com

No comments: