Monday, April 3, 2017

He is just victorious

The Wonderful Cross

When I survey the wondrous CrossOn which the Prince of Glory diedMy richest gain, I count but lossAnd pour contempt on all my prideSee from His head, His hands, His feetSorrow and love flow mingled downDid ever such love and sorrow meet?Or thorns compose, so rich a crownOh the wonderful Cross, oh the wonderful CrossBids me come and die and find that I may truly liveOh the wonderful Cross, oh the wonderful CrossAll who gather here by grace, draw near and bless Your nameWere the whole realm of nature mineThat were an offering far too smallLove so amazing, so divineDemands my soul, my life, my allOh the wonderful Cross, oh the wonderful CrossBids me come and die and find that I may truly liveOh the wonderful Cross, oh the wonderful CrossAll


Today, Sunday, 2 April 2017
Minggu Pra-Paskah ke-5
I have been so lost, so far away from Him
I had no idea, no feelings about Pessach, Resurrection, Lent, Easter, whatever
The classical Judeo-Christianity holy days and rituals in Spring time
I thought I will deliberate miss these moments of reflecting faith this year
2017, the year I started my life here
Because everyone here don't care anyway, of God, of Divine intervention
of those ancient myths, they say, or flying spaghetti monster, whatever
Then today, in the morning
That devil called
I felt so wild, so bad, so rebellious, almost liberated, from Him, from His command, from his Words.
I followed the devil
I followed the weak flesh of mine
and tainted this Domingo day, this memorial of the VoskreseniyeAnd there, when some odds drive led me to the church at 4.55 pm
I followed.

At that very conjunction of D***n and Sy**** Rd.
When my feet stepped into the pavement for pedestrian
After getting off the tram
I think.. when the battle started to be swinging to His side
I stopped and thought..to follow T* to the left - and didn't go to church
Or to step to the right and go to church, and accepted the fact that I'm a sinner
Which perhaps can reconcile my sins with the Words
So I took the right step, which proved to be the RIGHT STEP
I thought it was a luck of me, a lottery of coincident
But I was wrong, it was not me
It was Him, always, all the time

I think hard now.... that I imagine the process behind the screen:
Screwtape and Wormwood on the training in Inferno
And their enemy, their very Enemy (in capital)
Were trying to look at me and bet
Or did some power struggle
To get me, by my fall and wrecked or by my standing up
And there
In that old ancient red brick church
Cold and dampened in this early autumn
Again
The battle is won by Him
Something was sent
I think from heaven, while I was there in church
So when I got home
All the messages I knew I would receive
To convince me to leave the Devil
Are received, right in front of my face
That was when I know
That moment
That Screwtape and Wormwood, had been defeated
That this is a loss for them
'Cause He wins once more from them
He is victorious and He shows me that
BLUNTLY
All evidence and proofs are provided
Without me asking
Right on the table
By some stupid mistakes of others
That put me in the corner
That I can run, but I can't hide from Him


Blessed be Thy name o Lord
Nothing compares to you
Like ancient Israel in the Bible
Who knew that God has helped them through thin and thick
But still looked for other idols
And made Him jealous and angry
I am like them
Not grateful, but betrayed Him
With my repeated sins

Then I got into this song, When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Then I wept on these lines when they are sang:

 
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all



Then I remember Screwtape and Wormwood
Poor guys
I'm sorry
It is your loss
I'm His, not yours

And then this from ODB today, which title is, ODDLY: Behind the Scenes

https://odb.org/2017/04/02/behind-the-scenes-5/

The Old Testament prophet Daniel also anxiously awaited a reply. After receiving a frightening vision of great war, Daniel fasted and sought God through humble prayer (10:3, 12). For three weeks, he received no reply (vv. 2, 13). Finally, an angel arrived and assured Daniel his prayers had been heard “since the first day.” In the meantime, the angel had been battling on behalf of those prayers. Though Daniel didn’t know it at first, God was at work during each of the twenty-one days that elapsed between his first prayer and the angel’s coming.


I can say no more. Speecheless. How great Thou art!

No comments: