Sunday, July 11, 2010

Paintings in my mind (2)


Today I attended European Masters' painting exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV). These are the collection of Stadel Museum, in Frankfurt, which were shipped here for one of the main attractions for Melbourne's Winter. I saw the original paintings of Picasso, Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir and other famous names, such as Rodin (with his sculptures). Their paintings are great, although not all of their iconic works are there.

Looking at them, again, reminding me of the paintings I have never been able to make. The brush strokes, the blend of paint colors, the lighting effects...all have frustrated me because of my inability to properly do them, although I have wished for it so much.

Anyway, I'm glad, some of my childhood dream again came true: seeing the world-class paintings with my own eyes in my lifetime. One item checked!

PS:
Caption:
Pierre Auguste RENOIR
French 1841-1919
After the luncheon
(La fin du déjeuner) 1879
oil on canvas
100.5 x 81.3 cm
Städel Museum, Frankfurt
Acquired in 1910

U. Edelmann - Städel Museum/ARTOTHEK

From:
http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/whats-on/exhibitions/exhibitions/melbourne-winter-masterpieces-2010

No comments: