Saturday, April 27, 2013

Time zones

Here I am. Reaching the European Continent after all, after visiting the Britain, -London and Oxford in particular, back in 2006. This is a nice surprise I must admit. I just found out that this would happen some 2 months ago when the notification came just after I've already said yes for the Auckland Conference. So basically, I traveled from GMT +13 (if Jakarta is GMT +7 then adding 6 to it makes it 13 hrs) to GMT 0.  Not that bad for a frequent cross continental traveler, but since I am not used to encounter that much changes in time zone, I suffered some predictable jet lag and my body adjusted to leap of time zone.

For instance, when the conference started in Auckland at 9.00 AM, it's 3 AM in Jakarta. I couldn't hold my eyelids from closing no matter what.  and when the conference prolonged to 9 PM in Utrecht, it's 2 AM in Jakarta. My my, I had that sleepy head syndrome when the speakers talked, and somehow their voices becoming like longitudinal waves to my ears...I fell asleep..

No comments: