Sunday, August 7, 2016

The most ancient writing I have ever seen - the amazing Asia Minor literacy history

Tablet from 2000-4000 BC
I went to Turkey in 2015. It was kind of dream came true for me. I had one old book about how to travel to Turkey with tight budget, which I bought maybe nine or ten years ago. It was amazing how G*d made it happen in 2015. 

I flew with Turkish Airlines to Istanbul first, as I had requested the organizer to let me travel to Istanbul first, because the conference was in Ankara. I should have gone with R, my friend, but she cancelled last minutes because she was too tired with her office schedule. So there I was, ready to do my solo travel once more.

I book a one day walking tour in Istanbul - but I'll tell it later in other story.

I went to Ankara with a colleague of mine and it was a very good day there.- Museum of Anatolian Civilization. I had never stop wow and waw all the time I was there at the museum. No wonder it is one of the best museum in Europe in year 2014 if I recall correctly. My mind was blown, I could not barely have enough brain cells to process these aretfacts, back from the Ur, Hitite and other really ancient societies I only dared to read in the Bible. They are so well -preserved. I guess it is the dry climate that helped to preserve the artefacts.

The tablets are all sort of documents that we, the modern people have. Trade contract, business contract, receipt, letters to lovers, family, parents, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, king's speeches, and so on. It's crazy. These people were crazily advanced.
  

No comments: