Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sitting beside David in the mountains and sing this Psalm

Psalm 13[a]

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
    How long will you hide your face from me?

usquequo Domine oblivisceris mei penitus usquequo abscondes faciem tuam a me

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
    and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
    How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Usquequo ponam consilia in anima mea dolorem in corde meo per diem
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
    Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,

usquequo exaltabitur inimicus meus super me


and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,
    and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

convertere exaudi me Domine Deus meus inlumina oculos meos ne umquam obdormiam in mortem
But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.

nequando dicat inimicus meus praevalui adversus eum hostes mei exultabunt cum motus fuero

I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for he has been good to me.

ego autem in misericordia tua confido exultabit cor meum in salutari tuo cantabo Domino quia reddidit mihi

ו  וַאֲנִי, בְּחַסְדְּךָ בָטַחְתִּי--    יָגֵל לִבִּי, בִּישׁוּעָתֶךָ:
אָשִׁירָה לַיהוָה,    כִּי גָמַל עָלָי.


This Psalm was used by God's people during prolonged suffering. They would sing it during a prolonged illness or prolonged famine. Many of God's people have an incurable disease or have been under the chastening or refining hand of God for a long time. Such people should sit beside David in the mountains and sing the thirteenth Psalm (http://www.fbbc.com/messages/hyles_psalms.htm).

Written around 3000 years ago, yet it is still relevant today! Amazing...   

No comments: